Warranty Details & Information
MAJOR APPLIANCES PROTECTION PLAN AND REPLACEMENT PLAN DETAILS
This document and your purchase invoice state all the dispositions of this Protection Plan (Plan) concluded between Comerco Services Inc. (Comerco) and the Plan owner. In this Plan, the term Comerco refers to Comerco Services Inc. In the Province of British Columbia, the term Comerco refers to The Nordic Insurance Company of Canada, who is the underwriter of this insurance contract. Outside of British Columbia, this Plan is administered by Comerco Services Inc. Comerco Services Inc’s obligations are guaranteed by a Canadian Insurance Company. Comerco agrees to:
MAJOR APPLIANCES PLAN:
- Repair without charge or replace the covered product, in the case of a manufacturing defect or if any of the parts necessary for its normal functioning breaks, under normal conditions of use, during the coverage period of the Plan.
- Reimburse frozen food losses following a covered failure. The maximum payable amount per covered failure is $125, with a maximum for the duration of the Plan of $250 for the freezer section of a refrigerator. For a standalone freezer, the maximum payable amount per covered failure is $250, with a maximum for the duration of the Plan of $500. In these cases, Comerco will inform the Plan owner about the procedure for obtaining a refund.
- Replace the product upon the confirmation, by an authorized technician, of a fourth (4th) failure of the same major component during the coverage period of the Plan.
- Replace broken control knobs that prevent the product from functioning. Comerco will send the knob(s) by mail.
- Repair damages due to power surges.
- Repair damage caused by thermal stress on glass ceramic cooktops. Pictures will have to be sent to Comerco to determine if a technician’s visit is necessary. An authorized technician must confirm such damages.
- Repair damages due to rust:
7.1 That prevent the product from functioning as designed.
7.2 That affect a washer’s tub, a dryer’s drum, or a dishwasher’s basket.
- Allow one (1) preventive inspection for the duration of the Plan, at the Plan owner’s request and according to the Comerco checklist. If a Plan covers several products, the preventive inspection is available for all products, during a single technician visit.
- Replace the product that is subject to a failure covered by this Plan.
- The Major Appliances Plan becomes effective following the expiry date of the manufacturer’s parts and labour warranty for the chosen term, as indicated on the purchase invoice, up to a maximum of six (6) years from the date of possession. For the Replacement Plan the maximum duration is four (4) years. To qualify for coverage under the Plan, the covered product must be purchased new and be covered by a manufacturer’s repair warranty period of at least ninety (90) days. Failures must be reported during the coverage period of the Plan.
- Comerco may, at its sole discretion, decide to replace a product rather than repair it.
- The maximum value, at the time of a replacement, is the price paid for the original product, as stipulated on the purchase invoice. This amount, excluding taxes, must not exceed $25,000 for the Major Appliances Plan and $300 for the Replacement Plan. Please note that if the price of the replacement product is less than the price of the original product, the difference will not be refunded. The replacement will be finalized by a Comerco authorized retailer.
- Comerco’s sole obligation will be to provide a replacement product, in accordance with the procedure set out in Article 12, in the event that:
- the manufacturer ceases to operate; or
- the parts are no longer available; or
- in any other circumstance for which, at Comerco’s discretion, a repair is not considered.
- From the moment a product has been replaced or a credit provided, Comerco will have met all its obligations and the coverage will become null and void for the new product.
- Repairs will be carried out by an authorized service centre or any other service centre specified by Comerco. Products for which the manufacturer’s warranty offered in-home service will be eligible for in-home service under the terms of the Plan. If in-home service is not offered by the manufacturer in the area where the Plan owner resides when a defect occurs, the Plan owner will be responsible for bringing the covered product to a service centre identified by Comerco or obtain a full refund for the value of the Plan from the retailer. Service will be provided during normal business hours. If available and subject to the availability of the service centre, service will be provided, on request, during evenings or on weekends. In order to receive in-home service, the product requiring service must be easily accessible and be in a safe, non-threatening environment, as determined by the technician.
- This Plan is valid for a product intended for domestic use only. In the case of a family home business, it is only valid for daycare and private nursing homes. Any other type of in-home business is considered commercial use and cannot benefit from this Plan. Any equipment rented and/or used for commercial purposes will render this Plan null and void. If no repairs have been made, the Plan holder may obtain a full refund from the retailer.
ARE EXCLUDED FROM COMERCO ’S RESPONSIBILITY
- Damages caused by:
17.1 Failure to conform to the manufacturer’s recommended use or use in conditions for which the product was not intended.
17.2 External causes, rust (except if covered by Article 7.) insect or rodent infestations, inappropriate use, inappropriate installation, abusive or improper manipulation, a modification, an accident, a shock, a fall, damages caused during shipping chemical corrosion and liquid or sand or humidity infiltration.
17.3 Failures that are the subject of a manufacturer recall or service bulletin. Also, repairs, replacements and/or labour costs on items and/or parts that are covered by a manufacturer’s warranty or an insurance policy.
- The following products or components:
18.1 Garnishes, command inscriptions and gradations, any esthetical components and products and/or parts covered by a manufacturer’s warranty.
18.2 Warping or caving in of the structure.
18.3 Any part or component of a structural nature that does not affect the correct functioning of the product.
18.4 Parts that should be replaced or cleaned periodically under normal usage such as, without being limited to, bulbs, lamps, fuses, filters or batteries.
18.5 Glass, refrigerator sliders and rails, adjustable legs and/or rollers and handles damaged by external causes.
18.6 Cables, shelves, drawers, and the cleaning of glass and screens.
18.7 Any and all products with a tampered or absent serial number. In this case, the Plan becomes null and void, without refund.
18.8 Burnt phosphors in or on the screen surface and the replacement or repair of pixels beyond the original manufacturer’s guidelines.
19.2 Noise and product performance which are not caused by a failure.
19.3 Consequential damage, loss of use, revenue and/or salary due to delays resulting from the failure of the covered product, unavailability of parts or any other difficulty or delay that Comerco may encounter in accomplishing the required repairs.
19.4 Data loss, configuration and computer viruses.
19.5 Costs related to the removal, delivery and relocation of a product or, in the event of a visit by a technician, the removal and reinstallation of a product that is not readily available.
19.6 Any repairs made by a service centre unauthorized by Comerco. In this case, the Plan will become null and void, without refund.
19.7 If no fault is found or if Comerco refuses the repairs, the Plan owner will have to reimburse all incurred costs without which the benefits of the Plan will be suspended until said payment is received. The duration of the Plan will not be extended in the event of a suspension of benefits occurs.
19.8 In the event of a failure affecting an item that is part of a pair or set, Comerco’s responsibility will be limited to the repair, replacement or a credit equivalent to the purchase price of the product that has experienced the failure.
SERVICE AND OTHER PRECISIONS
- To Obtain Service: A picture of the product, damage, serial number label or a copy of the purchase invoice may be required.
20.1 For the Major Appliances Plan: You may report the failure by completing the form at http://www.comerco.com/service request or by contacting Customer Service at 1-877-710-4653.
20.2 For the Replacement Plan: The Plan owner must return the product to the selling retailer. The retailer will check the product to see the problem. Once the problem has been confirmed, a replacement authorization will be sent to the retailer within two (2) working days. The Plan owner will have to select a replacement product and the retailer will deduct the purchase price of the original product before taxes for the price of the replacement product.
21.1 Comerco may cancel the Plan at any time, on the basis of fraud or misrepresentation.
21.2 The Plan owner may cancel the Plan, for any reason, anytime within the thirty (30) days following the date of purchase, provided no claims have been reported and receive a full refund for the purchase price of the Plan from the selling retailer.
- The Plan owner authorizes Comerco to provide their name, contact information and any information Comerco has on file to any third party wishing to offer a new Plan, any subcontractor mandated by Comerco to offer services directly or indirectly linked to the Plan or any entity to which Comerco may assign, in whole or in part, its obligations under the Plan.
- Transferable: This Protection Plan is transferable from one owner to another, without charge, by completing the request online at www.comerco.com/ownertransfer
- British Columbia Only:
The British Columbia Financial Institutions Act requires that the information contained in this Disclosure Notice be provided to a customer in writing prior to the customer entering a financial transaction.
- This transaction is between the Plan owner and The Nordic Insurance Company of Canada.
- In arranging the transaction described above, the dealer, by whom the sales associate is employed, is representing The Nordic Insurance Company of Canada.
- The nature and extent of the interest of the dealer in The Nordic Insurance Company of Canada is none.
- The nature and extent of the interest of The Nordic Insurance Company of Canada in the dealer is none.
- Upon completion of this transaction, the dealer will be remunerated by The Nordic Insurance Company of Canada through a fee paid out of the purchase price of the contract.
- The Financial Institutions Act prohibits The Nordic Insurance Company of Canada, the dealer and/or the sales associate from requiring the Plan owner to transact additional or other business with the financial institution or any other person or corporation as a condition of this transaction.
Every action or proceeding against an insurer for the recovery of insurance money payable under the contract is absolutely barred unless commenced within the time set out in the Insurance Act.
www.comerco.com/service request or 1-877-710-4653
NO CLAIM? RECEIVE AN IN-STORE CREDIT.
If there are no claims against your Plan within the term, you are entitled to receive
equal credit of the warranty plan value towards the purchase of any new major
appliance on a one-for-one basis within six months of expiry. The value of your
credit will be applied up to a maximum 25% of the product’s regular sale price.**
*see terms and conditions for details. Certain restrictions apply.
**instore credit is the sole responsibility of Tasco.