We’re always looking for dedicated and hardworking individuals to join our dynamic and growing team here at Tasco Appliances. Whether you’re hoping to build customer relationships and become part of our professional sales staff, or work behind-the-scenes at our corporate office, we encourage you to send a copy of your resume here or apply directly at firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to hearing from you.
Tasco Appliances is dedicated to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). During the Recruitment process if you require accommodation for disability, please advise the Human Resources Department.
Appliance Sales Professional
Location: Pickering, Pickering, Burlington
Reports To: Store Manager
The Sales Professional is responsible for producing sales and providing prompt, courteous and knowledgeable service to clients and customers. The Retail Sales Professional works with customers within the retail store location to deliver on sales targets, gross margins and high levels of customer satisfaction. The Retail Sales Professional ensures that strong customer relationships are nurtured to grow revenue from existing accounts and executes new business strategy to ensure that sales targets are attained through new accounts.
- Generate sales
- Greet customers and maintain a high level of customer service
- Ensure accuracy in all transactions, inventory, and procedures
- Maintain a high level of product and service knowledge
- Answer emails and phone calls in a timely fashion
- Work in partnership with Store Managers and other employees to maximize store sales and in-store presence
- Assist customer in making meaningful selections
- Enter customer orders into ePASS
- Conduct manufacture rep calls to build rapport and address concerns
- Research products and keep abreast of new product offers and their associated technical details.
- Confirm pricing and rebates and research product availability in ePASS
- Generate sales through personal contact with walk-in and or telephone customers, repeat customers and sales leads, presenting product models and explaining the modular process.
- Prepare comprehensive quotes for customers, and product specs for customers
- Maintain and enhance product knowledge
- Enter deposit and payment information accurately and handle cash sales as required
- Keep rebate information up to date
- Participate in all vendor training at the store level and off site.
- Participate in merchandising and promotional activities
- Achieve monthly, quarterly sales quotas and the objectives of employment.
- Participate in corporate marketing activities, such as conferences, home and trade shows and open house events, training, sales meetings, as required.
- Maintain a high level of product and service knowledge.
- Maintain a professional appearance, demeanor, and attitude at all times.
- Assist other sales reps in their ability to build long term relationships
- Keep the retail sales manager up to date on issues and concerns
- Be aware of and constantly strive to achieve targets for sales margin and warranties.
- Follow up and contact all quotes as requested by the Sale Manager
- Perform other duties as required.
- Must have the ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Ability to make excellent sales to achieve performance in alignment with goals and objectives
- Excellent customer service skills, interpersonal, organizational and communication skills
- Motivated and creative team player
- Experience in Retail sales preferred
- Computer literate with proficiency using basic programs such as Windows and Outlook
- Strong knowledge of retail sales principles, methods, practices, and techniques.
- Strong problem identification and objection resolution skills.
- Able to build and maintain lasting relationships with customers.
- Exceptional verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Excellent listening skills.
- Strong written communication skills.
- Self motivated, with high energy and an engaging level of enthusiasm.
- Able to perform basic calculations and mathematical figures.
- Ability to occasionally travel and attend sales events or exhibits.
- Ability to work individually and as part of a team.
- High level of integrity and work ethic.
Retail Sales Manager
Supervises: Sales Associates
The Retail Sales Manager leads the sales team by creating a culture focused with the consistent execution of superior customer experience, and professional standards as defined by TG Appliance Group Inc. You will be the standard-setter, and the go-to resource for any of your team’s sales related needs, as well as all coaching and development initiatives.
A highly capable sales leader possessing a broad range of skills as a highly effective manager, trainer, coach and motivator with strong retail leadership experience. A process oriented and quality minded individual that also possess the ability to bring people together in order to reach a common goal. Responsible for achieving sales and budget metrics through effective leadership, decision making and judgement.
A collaborator, innovator and team leader. Leads, influences and develops exceptional relationships with our customers, all store personal, corporate and vendor partners. Connecting and communicating with others with comfortable and authentic approach. Highly motivated individual who thrives in an ambiguous and ever-changing environment, always up for a challenge and inspiring others to learn and think differently.
• Directly responsible for the achievement of store sales goals and performance metrics through the execution of strategies and team performance management.
• Maximize profitability by exceeding store sales plan, KPI goals and driving store sales targets for the sales team; ensures process-controls are consistently and correctly managed
• Serve as the lead example in providing premium customer experience and build relationships with our consumers
• Creates a “Selling Culture” be ensuring sales-associates are trained in the “TG Customer Experience”, participate in all vendor training programs and contemporary engagement / selling techniques. Needs to think innovatively, act strategically and create a culture of customer-obsessed team members who deliver a world-class experience each and every day.
• Recruits, coaches and develops sales staff, encourages and monitors team development; mentor, lead, and encourage collective team to succeed.
• Maintain high standards of visual merchandising and brand presentation through both selling floors (Dufferin and TND); oversee store merchandising and responsible to maintain store look and feel in a compelling and exciting manner, while in accordance with company directives
• Study market research and trends to determine consumer demand, potential sales volumes and effect of competitors’ operations on sales
• Co-manage along with Store Manager optimal staffing and scheduling that meets store operational requirements, being responsive to traffic and business changes, while achieving all KPI’s and company goals
• Participates in sales staffing decisions including employment, discipline, training, termination with guidance from the HR department.
• Ensure proper training for all staff levels and recognize top talent for succession planning; handles all sales associates relations to create and foster a productive sales-force.
• Works in tandem with Store Manager to set work schedules and monitor staff performance
• Is aware of and monitors compliance to MSP programs
• 5 -7 years of related retail sales experience; bachelor’s degree preferred
• Experience in a Sales Management position preferred
• Demonstrated ability to effectively lead, direct, and train others in a retail setting
• Demonstrated track record of improving sales figures and KPI achievements with a strong understanding of retail profit measures and the ability to exceed sales and expense goals
• Retail knowledge with hands-on experience managing all aspects of a retail/builder store sales; is highly versed in current best practice of consultative sales strategies, engagement principals and the skills of persuasion.
• A solid track record in talent management- recruiting, hiring, development
• Ability to work a flexible schedule to meet the demands of a retail business & consumer to include regular nights, weekends, and holidays
• The ability to communicate effectively with all levels
• Carry, push, pull up to 30 pounds
Skills required to do the job:
• Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Able to handle multi-tasking in a professional and organized environment.
• Above average level of accuracy and detail-oriented.
Reports To: Store Manager
The Store Administrator is responsible for managing the day to day administration at their
respective store, including processing/fulfillment of all paperwork in an accurate and timely
manner, providing expertise to the sales team and customers on non-sales related issues, to
drive customer satisfaction. The Store Administrator is responsible for a wide variety of clerical
office duties in support of the store day to day administration. Includes coordinating and
communicating office activities, and customer service.
- Respond to telephone, e-mail, and in-person inquiries from clients, business partners, head
office and other parties.
- Refer all inquiries to the appropriate individuals, stores, or departments across the
- Day to day administration at store level, including scheduling and coverage of all functions
outside of sales, updating price tags and floor plans and ensuring adequate supplies are on
- Provide superior customer service at the store, maintaining a friendly and professional
demeanor at all times.
- Answer incoming phone calls, direct or record messages as necessary.
- Performs office opening and closing procedures and daily banking, cash balancing and
- Organize, maintain, and coordinate office records and files in their proper locations.
- Where necessary, assist in compiling data for various reports.
- As a store worker, walk the floor for sales, present a positive and professional image of the
organization to all visitors, suppliers, inquiries, and other interactions.
- Assist with the scanning process of all inventory and assist when needed
- Create price tags as needed
- Ensure all forms and reports are completed as needed.
- Collect and distribute log sheets and organize data
- Ensure the store is clean and tidy at all times
- Administer and manage inbound/outbound mail, including priority post, packages, courier
services, and other correspondence.
- Assist all sales personnel with any administrative duties as requested
- Assist customer service in dealing with all non-sales related customer issues e.g. back
orders wrong product, shipping errors.
- Manage product transfers in and out of the store in an efficient manner.
- Provide quality control by reviewing invoices in ePass
- Responsible for all inventory movement and regular cycle counts at the store, assisting in
annual inventory count
- Complete daily administrative duties including daily sales balancing and complete banking
- Assist in the development of process & procedures for continuous administrative efficiencies
and improvements across retail
- Participate in special events such as private sales, boxing day sales ect.
- Complete other assigned tasks as required.
- High school diploma or GED, or an acceptable combination of education and
- 2-4 years of direct work experience in a receptionist capacity.
- Strong knowledge of general office procedures
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Able to write simple correspondence, including memos, letters, etc.
- General mathematical skills.
- Ability to apply understanding to carry out instructions in written, verbal, or diagram form.
- Adjusts and is flexible to meet changing work needs and demands.
- Knowledge of supplies, equipment, and/or services ordering, as well as inventory control
of these items.
- Superior telephone manners and strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong written and verbal skills to communicate with all levels of the organization and its
Skills required to do the job:
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to handle multi-tasking in a professional and organized environment.
- Above average level of accuracy and detail-oriented.
Commercial Sales Account Manager
Reports To: Director of Commercial Sales
The Commercial Sales Account Manager works with a variety of builder and commercial accounts within their geographical region to deliver on Sales targets, Margin targets providing high levels of customer satisfaction. The Commercial Sales Account Manager continuously improves their personal competencies and effectiveness on the sales team by ensuring that they have a strong understanding of the overall sales system and processes. The Commercial Sales Account Manager ensures a full pipeline of future business and proper follow-up is maintained on quoted business. They ensure that strong customer relationships are nurtured to grow revenue from existing accounts and execute new business strategy to ensure that sales targets are attained through new accounts. The Commercial Sales Account Manager seeks to be the number one preferred supplier of appliances within the Builder/Developer community
- Develop accounts and grow commercial business within their region, meeting sales & profitability targets
- Have accountability for all aspects of the client relationship from quoting to shipping
- Prospect and cultivate new commercial accounts & opportunities
- Negotiate and secure supply contracts for new builder/developer projects
- Develop annual commercial sales account plan in conjunction with Commercial Director
- Sales cycle includes working with manufacturers, quoting, signing contracts, shipping and assisting with receivables
- Create all necessary sales materials to complete a proper project sales deck
- Sell inclusions with upgrade opportunities to builders
- Create all necessary specification packages for builder as per specific contract schedule, utilizing manufacturer specs on quoted products
- Work with project manager, develop and build referral relationships, attend divisional meetings, attend industry association meetings, and promote corporate image in the community
- Maintain profitable property management accounts
- Maintain accurate field inventory information in conjunction with inventory manager
- Update and keep current active builder account information
- Maintain and increase project knowledge as required
- Educate, encourage and promote support for builder programs with showroom managers and in store sales associates
- Work closely with designated site coordinator to ensure smooth completion of all projects
- Generate monthly reports as required
- Meet company standards pertaining to quantity and quality of work performed on an ongoing basis, performing all work related tasks in compliance with company policies, procedures, legislation, regulation and directions, and identify non-compliance for resolution
- Participate and comply with all health and safety processes and initiatives to ensure that TG Appliance remains a safe workplace.
- Complete other assigned tasks that may fall outside of one’s daily activities as required
- Minimum 2 years experience in a sales/marketing, preferably in home building or appliance industry
- Solid track record of product or service selling and a demonstrated ability to successfully meet and exceed monthly targets generating new business
- Able to develop strong long-term strategic relationships with customers and have a history of excellence in sales with a moderate (months) sales cycle
- Excellent account management skills
- Experience developing quotes
- Superior negotiation skills
- Ability and willingness to travel locally to meet accounts and visit job sites (car and valid driver’s license)
Skills required to do the job:
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Basic understanding of fundamental financial concepts
- Able to handle multi-tasking in a professional and organized environment
- Above average level of accuracy and detail-oriented
- Above average computer literacy with Excel, Word and Power Point, as well as able to navigate the internet
- Able to learn and use our internal line of business software
Driver & Driver Helper
Reports To: Transportation Manager
The Delivery Driver performs the essential service of delivering the product to the customer on schedule and in original condition. The Delivery Driver represents TG Appliance Group as the first on-site contact providing excellent customer service.
- Delivery Driver, with the assistance of helper(s), will unload appliances at customers’ homes and commercial builder sites, uncrate and set-in-place in the area requested by the customer, and perform basic hookup.
- Use a tablet to get route info, provide updates, take pictures of delivered or damaged product, and complete customer signed PODs.
- Operate 26 foot straight truck (no air brakes) in a safe, courteous, efficient manner, and comply with all MTO regulations.
- Verify product condition and order accuracy during loading and unloading.
- Meet company standards pertaining to quantity and quality of work performed on an ongoing basis, performing all work related tasks in compliance with company policies, procedures, legislation, regulation and directions, and identify non-compliance for resolution.
- Participate and comply with all health and safety processes, initiatives, and training to ensure a safe workplace.
- Provide excellent customer service throughout the delivery and setup process
- Arrive to work in neat, clean, company supplied uniforms
- Complete other assigned tasks as required.
- Minimum D Commercial Driver’s License
- 2+ years commercial driving and delivery experience preferred
- Clean Abstract and CVOR (No more than 2 moving violations in the past 12 months)
- Experience and knowledge of vehicle inspections and HOS regulations
- High school diploma or equivalent would be an asset but not mandatory
- Ability to lift/climb/bend/stoop/reach and move heavy items and appliances
- Ability to use hand tools to complete basic appliance install and removal
- Communicate with internal and external contacts with tact, courtesy, and respect
- Ability to lift, bend, reach, stoop, kneel and move heavy objects safely up to 200 lbs. or more as required with assisted devices.
- Work is mostly performed in a vehicle and warehouse.
- Fluctuations in temperature and noise.
- Mental alertness is required at all times while operating a vehicle.
- Strong organization and adherence to specified time lines.
- Warehouse environment requires standing, walking, lifting, talking, hearing, and occasionally stoop, kneel or crouch.
- Vehicle requires sitting for extended periods, reaching, twisting, and full control of arms and legs.
- Physical dexterity, good hand-eye coordination, full vision and depth perception.
- Work is performed in a combination of environments.
- This position may be exposed to elements such as noise, dust, odours, fumes and oils.
Social Media Specialist
Reports To: Content Marketing Manager
Are you an expert on all things Social Media? Are you up to date on the latest social trends? Do you love writing engaging captions and interacting with people on social platforms? If you are passionate about the brands you follow online and have a fascination with the world of Social Media - this job is for you.
The Social Media Specialist will report to the Content Marketing Manager and will be responsible for creating, implementing, and managing social media content for both TG Appliance Group Brands: Tasco and Goemans, on multiple social media channels. Community engagement and analytic reporting will also be required.
The position will be a hybrid role, with 2 days required in office.
Important: Please include with your resume a 15 second video of yourself telling us why you’re passionate about Social Media. Only applications with this element will be considered.
• Generate, edit, publish and share content daily for two brands (Goemans & Tasco)
• Monitor, engage and respond to social media comments on all Social channels
• Collaborate on Social Media Content Calendars with Content Marketing Manager
• Prepare and present Social Media analytics reports monthly
• Collaborate with Graphic Design team to create assets for Social Media content
• Create video content for social channels such as Reels & Live Videos, where applicable
• Collaborate with various departments to support brands needs where appropriate
• Support Marketing initiatives with Social Media content and sponsored content
• Support Kitchen Design Team with appropriate social media content
• Attend company events, galas and dinners and capture social media content
• Support Content Marketing Manager with influencer initiatives
• Attend company and vendor events – create and post content live/real-time
• Assist with responding to online reviews and online customer service support
• You have a minimum of two years experience in Social Media and Community Management for a company or brand
• You have a post-secondary education in social media/business, communications/PR, English or similar
• You have in-depth knowledge of all social media platforms
• You have a proven track record of exceptional writing skills
• You have extensive experience managing multiple social media channels simultaneously
• You have experience working with social media analytics platforms
• You have experience with creating video content for social: Reels/Live content
• You have experience with paid Social Media content
• You have some experience with social media content deployment strategy
• You have a good understanding of graphic design
• You have an understanding of Adobe Suite
• You have an understanding of basic website and blog functionality
• You ideally would have some experience in the appliance or retail industry
• You have access to a vehicle
Skills required to do the job:
• Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Able to handle multi-tasking in a professional and organized environment
• Above average level of accuracy and detail oriented
• Valid Driver’s license and regular access to a vehicle